Poss Ipkg bug?

  • John R Wersan Jr.
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2005
      Sorry if this is not the place, I have only just started playing
      with the NSLU.

      I think I may have come across a small dependencies bug in the ipkg
      install for "man".

      I did "ipkg install man" which ran with no errors, but when I
      did "man man" I got the following error…

      # man man
      /opt/bin/less: No such file or directory
      Error executing formatting or display command.
      System command (cd /opt/man && (echo ".pl
      1100i"; /bin/cat '/opt/man/man1/man.1'; echo ".\\\""; echo ".pl \n
      (nlu+10") | nroff -Tlatin1 -mandoc | /opt/bin/less -isR) exited with
      status 32512.
      No manual entry for man

      So I did "ipkg less"

      Now I can see man pages…

      I think the dependencies need to be looked at for this….

      Thanks!
    • Josh Parsons
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2005
        On Sun, 2005-05-01 at 16:26 +0000, John R Wersan Jr. wrote:

        > # man man
        > /opt/bin/less: No such file or directory

        > I think the dependencies need to be looked at for this….

        Thanks for your bug report. The next version of the man package will
        depend on less.

        --
        Josh Parsons
        Philosophy Department

      • Dale VanZile
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2005
          John R Wersan Jr. wrote:

          >So I did "ipkg less"
          >
          >Now I can see man pages…

          John--
          Thanks for your post! I'd installed man with the same problem. I
          installed less for other purposes, and I most likely wouldn't have
          checked up on man again if not for your post.... Mine's working now,
          too. Good catch!

          C ya,
          Dutch