Re: SquirrelMail & cyrus-imapd; Anyone with success?

  • audiobetterwork
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2005
      "Can you give me the output of the following commands:"

      Sure...

      # ls -la /opt/etc/sasl2
      -rw-r----- 1 root root 12288 Apr 30 17:12 /opt/etc/sasl2

      There's problem number one I suppose.... your's says mail root... mine
      says "root root".

      # cat /opt/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf
      cat: /opt/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf: No such file or directory

      Problem number two... I don't appear to have that file

      # cat /opt/etc/imapd.conf
      configdirectory: /opt/var/lib/imap
      partition-default: /opt/var/spool/imap
      sievedir: /opt/var/lib/imap/sieve
      admins: mail root
      allowanonymouslogin: no
      autocreatequota: 50000
      reject8bit: no
      quotawarn: 90
      timeout: 30
      poptimeout: 10
      dracinterval: 0
      drachost: localhost
      sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
      lmtp_overquota_perm_failure: no
      mboxlist_db: flat
      seenstate_db: flat

      The output of the last command seems OK to me...

      Thanks again,

      Cory
    • pTweety
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2005
        audiobetterwork wrote:

        > # ls -la /opt/etc/sasl2
        > -rw-r----- 1 root root 12288 Apr 30 17:12 /opt/etc/sasl2

        > There's problem number one I suppose.... your's says mail root... mine
        > says "root root".

        Well, then you should:
        # chown mail.root /opt/etc/sasl2

        Do NOT:
        # chmod 0644 /opt/etc/sasl2

        Since clear passwords are written to the files that would be a
        security issue. I'll go and have a look whether that is a bug in one
        of the cyrus-* packages.

        > # cat /opt/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf
        > cat: /opt/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf: No such file or directory

        > Problem number two... I don't appear to have that file

        Ok, this files comes with postfix. So it should not be a problem with
        your current setup. (suppose you have no postfix installed)

        > # cat /opt/etc/imapd.conf

        > The output of the last command seems OK to me...

        Yes, this seems to be correct.

        --
        MFG Matthias

        Klein bottle for rent...
      • audiobetterwork
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2005
          > Well, then you should:
          > # chown mail.root /opt/etc/sasl2

          OK... I did that.

          And now the command:

          # ls -la /opt/etc/sasl2

          yields:

          -rw-r----- 1 mail root 12288 May 1 20:50 /opt/etc/sasl2

          So it looks like were good there.

          Then I ran the following,

          # ./cyradm -u mail localhost

          I input the my password at the prompt... and then I get this error:

          Cannot find termcap: TERM not set at
          /opt/lib/perl5/5.8.6/Term/ReadLine.pm line
          338

          But then it continues to execute and gives me the cyradm prompt.

          localhost>

          So at this point I entered the command:

          cm user.mail

          And it created the mailbox for user mail.

          If I enter the command:

          lm

          it yields the following output:

          INBOX (\HasNoChildren)

          So I would guess that is correct.

          At this point, I have only one remaining issue (if that error above
          isn't important nor related)... I still can't log into SquirrelMail
          using the mail account that was created. Even though I set the
          password, and created the mailbox.

          "If this is working fine you only have to configure squirrelmail in
          the right way. But there I cannot help you yet (have to read some docs
          first)."

          I realize that you may be unable to assist me much further, because of
          this. If you can't right away, thats OK, you have already been very
          generous with your time and knowledge.

          Again, thanks so much for your help

          Cory
          Message 4 of 11 , May 1, 2005
            On 5/2/05, audiobetterwork <trogscave@...> wrote:
            > I realize that you may be unable to assist me much further, because of
            > this. If you can't right away, thats OK, you have already been very
            > generous with your time and knowledge.
            >
            > Again, thanks so much for your help

            Cory,

            Could you please create a SquirrelMail HowTo wiki page based on the
            information you have gained and the experience you now have ?

            -- Rod
          • audiobetterwork
            Message 5 of 11 , May 1, 2005
              > Cory,
              >
              > Could you please create a SquirrelMail HowTo wiki page based on the
              > information you have gained and the experience you now have ?
              >
              > -- Rod

              Yes Rod, I would be glad to. If no one else does, I was planning on
              doing just that as soon as I got it fully up and running. But I still
              can't log into SquirrelMail. Regardless, I suppose I could create a
              wiki page that could be a "workinprogress"... and maybe as time goes
              by, I could fully get it working myself as well as help others.

              The only other issue is that I am a student in college, and this is
              finals week. So I don't have as much time as I would like. But I
              assure you that I will eventually add a Wiki page as time and progress
              on this project permits.

              Thanks,

              Cory
              Message 6 of 11 , May 1, 2005
                On 5/2/05, audiobetterwork <trogscave@...> wrote:
                > Yes Rod, I would be glad to. If no one else does, I was planning on
                > doing just that as soon as I got it fully up and running. But I still
                > can't log into SquirrelMail. Regardless, I suppose I could create a
                > wiki page that could be a "workinprogress"... and maybe as time goes
                > by, I could fully get it working myself as well as help others.

                Please do so - you might find that someone else adds the critical
                piece of information to your work-in-progress page, which solves the
                problem for you.

                That's the power of the wiki. Add pages early and often, and others
                will finish them off for you :-)

                -- Rod
              • Private Tweety
                Message 7 of 11 , May 2, 2005
                  "audiobetterwork" <trogscave@m...> wrote:
                  > # ./cyradm -u mail localhost
                  >
                  > I input the my password at the prompt... and then I get this error:
                  >
                  > Cannot find termcap: TERM not set at
                  > /opt/lib/perl5/5.8.6/Term/ReadLine.pm line
                  > 338

                  You can try to `ipkg install readline`. If this removes the warning
                  for you I'll make it a SUGGESTS= option in cyrus-imapd.mk.

                  > But then it continues to execute and gives me the cyradm prompt.
                  >
                  > localhost>
                  >
                  > So at this point I entered the command:
                  >
                  > cm user.mail
                  >
                  > And it created the mailbox for user mail.
                  >
                  > If I enter the command:
                  >
                  > lm
                  >
                  > it yields the following output:
                  >
                  > INBOX (\HasNoChildren)
                  >
                  > So I would guess that is correct.

                  Well, I don't know whether it's a good idea to create a mailbox for
                  this administrative account. I would recommend to create a user with
                  the webinterface and some mailboxes in cyradm for this user as well.

                  > At this point, I have only one remaining issue (if that error above
                  > isn't important nor related)... I still can't log into SquirrelMail
                  > using the mail account that was created. Even though I set the
                  > password, and created the mailbox.

                  Sh*t. Do you see something in the webserver logs?

                  > If you can't right away, thats OK, you have already been very
                  > generous with your time and knowledge.

                  Since you are the first known user of cyrus-imapd on the slug
                  (besides me :-) ) I have high interest that it is working for you.

                  MFG Matthias