Re: Gallery Setup questions (using Apache/PHP)

  • supergerg79
    Message 1 of 60 , Apr 30, 2005
      Can you post your batch file, and also the commented out section of
      the Gallery code? I'm having the same problem, it takes forever to
      upload photos because the convert process is taking 100% of the CPU.

      Thanks
      greg

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "donald_wong_oohay"
      <donald_wong_oohay@y...> wrote:

      > FWIW, I found a workaround for this. I've commented out the code in
      > Gallery that does the thumbnail generation and follow this workflow:
      >
      > 1. Create new Album with GalleryRemote.
      > 2. Use my XP box to first generate all the thumbnails. I created a
      > batch file that does this automatically.
      > 3. Transfer all the thumbnail files to the new Album directory and
      > make sure they are readable to everyone.
      > 4. Upload photos using GalleryRemote. It will still generate the
      > highlight image, which takes about a minute, but won't generate any of
      > the thumbnails.
      >
      > It's a bit of work, but it's better than having a separate Linux box
      > hanging around.
      >
      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, CORNELIU DOBAN
      > <corneliu_doban@y...> wrote:
      > > I ended also to update my gallery on other Linux box because on the
      > slug feaures like highligting a picture (putting it on the album
      > cover) is not working, probably because of the huge time it takes to
      > create the highligted picture ...
    • Donald Wong
      Message 60 of 60 , May 9, 2005
        Best of luck with that. I took an initial stab at
        that and the difficult part is not with Gallery
        Remote, but rather with the API that Gallery exposes
        to Gallery Remote. The API is very limited in that
        only a single file is sent (the photo itself). No
        thumbnails or information about the photo is sent, so
        Gallery has to generate that itself. If you do get it
        working, not only would the folks on this list be
        grateful, I'm sure a lot of folks on the Gallery list
        would be ecstatic as well.

        Don