Crisis: hdd data partition corrupt, can it be solved?

  • Ludo
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2005
      Hi all,

      All worked well for months on a row.
      I've just installed twonkyvision and on a chmod -R command on the /opt/twonk directory (when musicserver was running) I got a long lag on finishing the command. I waited, and it triggered errors on the files (read something).

      I rebooted and all worked fine.
      I enabled uPnP support for testing and rebooted the unit.

      Then it would not boot again. The nslu2 does not recognize the hdd anymore. ('Disk 1 not formatted' in config web page). I cannot scandisk it.
      I tried connecting it to a Windows machine and tried both explore2fs and ext2fs to access the disk. I can access the conf partition, but not the data partition anymore.

      It now is 0408 in the morning and I am quite broken at the moment.

      I don't know what to do. Ok, except reformat it and loose all my data.

      Anyone, pleeeease?
      Maybe a Linux machine to try and rescue my partition table or ..?

      I realy realy realy hope any of you gods can help me.

      I'm trying for a short sleep,

      Ludo