Re: Lost Telnet completely! Sensible questions, please help!

  • gruffnutz666
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2005
      I'm thinking about this before I do anything (else) stupid. (That's
      learning that is!!!)

      The error messages were the same with or without a disk attached (and
      rebooted as appropriate of course).

      I havn't created any 'extra' users.

      I could restore an old config but the last backup config I have was
      for r29. I'm worried that as it has no telnet enabled in r29 it may
      also have no root user.

      I don't believe the /share/hdd/conf/passwd is the problem though it
      may have been damaged as I have no telnet with no disk.

      The /usr/local/etc/passwd is in the flash so a 'reset
      config' might do it.

      The 'backup config' file apparently (according to wiki) contains...

      As most of these files are on the hdd I'm unsure if this would reset
      the user folder on the flash. What does the 'reset config' replace I

      I think reflashing is probably the way to go. I assume 3.18 will not
      mind flashing over itself (in maint mode). Any precautions I should
      take (drives disconnected of course)???

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Kai Steinbach <kai.steinbach@g...>