trouble with Gallery setup

  • nickctrl
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 15 12:27 AM
      I'm trying to setup Apache/PHP and Gallery on the slug.

      About Apache and PHP, everything seems to be ok.
      But on the Gallery front, i'm getting hell of a time to get it work
      properly !
      Up to now, I can create albums, but as soon as I try to upload a photo
      ( thru the web or thru Remote ) i Get a error :

      ******Adding fiona & ilona.JPG*****

      Resizing/compressing original image
      No resizing required
      Error: Invalid image: fiona_ilona.jpg
      Need help? Look in the Gallery FAQ

      And i get that message on any type of photo i try to upload ...
      I've checked on the faq, but no luck :-(

      Has anybody gone thru that type of trouble ?

      Thanks in advance for the light :-)
    • rossets2
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15 2:23 PM
        Hello,

        I get the same error, but not when I install the gallery on the
        slug. For me this error happens when I install the gallery
        application on my computer, but put the album directory on the slug.
        I don't know if this is due to the fact that gallery doesn't like
        albums dirs that are on a LAN.

        But this points me to another question :
        Uploading pictures to a slug-installed gallery takes an atrocious
        amount of time, because the processor is not made for pictures
        handling operation. The person who wrote the howto (and posted its
        results on the gallery forum) said that using gallery remote should
        do the trick. But win the GR module, I could find the option to
        do the resizing of the original picture before uploading, but the
        medium sized one is still created by the slug, which takes a long
        time. So has anyone found a good way to upload pictures to the slug,
        besides having another gallery and copy-paste the album directory?
        I tried to install a gallery on my computer with the album directory
        on the slug. I would use this installation to upload pictures and
        the slug's to look at them (and visitors would access the slug's)
        but when I do that, I encounter the error described by nickctrl.

        So if anyone found a way, I'd be interested to hear about it.

        Thanks

        Samuel

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30 4:31 PM
          Has anyone got any success in uploading pictures to the slug with
          Gallery 1.5 ?

          Is there any compatibility problem specific to 1.5 ?

          Should I install Gallery 1.4 instead ?

          Thanks for your help :-)

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "rossets2" <samr@b...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I get the same error, but not when I install the gallery on the
          > slug. For me this error happens when I install the gallery
          > application on my computer, but put the album directory on the slug.
          > I don't know if this is due to the fact that gallery doesn't like
          > albums dirs that are on a LAN.
          >
          > But this points me to another question :
          > Uploading pictures to a slug-installed gallery takes an atrocious
          > amount of time, because the processor is not made for pictures
          > handling operation. The person who wrote the howto (and posted its
          > results on the gallery forum) said that using gallery remote should
          > do the trick. But win the GR module, I could find the option to
          > do the resizing of the original picture before uploading, but the
          > medium sized one is still created by the slug, which takes a long
          > time. So has anyone found a good way to upload pictures to the slug,
          > besides having another gallery and copy-paste the album directory?
          > I tried to install a gallery on my computer with the album directory
          > on the slug. I would use this installation to upload pictures and
          > the slug's to look at them (and visitors would access the slug's)
          > but when I do that, I encounter the error described by nickctrl.
          >
          > So if anyone found a way, I'd be interested to hear about it.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Samuel
          >
          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "nickctrl" <nickctrl@e...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm trying to setup Apache/PHP and Gallery on the slug.
          > >
          > > About Apache and PHP, everything seems to be ok.
          > > But on the Gallery front, i'm getting hell of a time to get it work
          > > properly !
          > > Up to now, I can create albums, but as soon as I try to upload a
          > photo
          > > ( thru the web or thru Remote ) i Get a error :
          > >
          > > ******Adding fiona & ilona.JPG*****
          > >
          > > Resizing/compressing original image
          > > No resizing required
          > > Error: Invalid image: fiona_ilona.jpg
          > > Need help? Look in the Gallery FAQ
          > >
          > > And i get that message on any type of photo i try to upload ...
          > > I've checked on the faq, but no luck :-(
          > >
          > > Has anybody gone thru that type of trouble ?
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance for the light :-)
        • supergerg79
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30 7:06 PM
            I've gotten Gallery v1.5 to work with UnSlung v3.18-beta, but when
            uploading photos through Gallery Remote the thumbnails are created on
            the slug. Which takes a while. Other than that, Gallery v1.5 works
            great.

            In another thread, someone said they created a batch file and modified
            the Gallery code so that it doesn't create the thumbnails. But I'm
            waiting for a response, to see how this was done.

            The thread is:

            gerg