Re: TiVo server anyone?

  • joule360
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2004
      Actually, the biggest question I have is one of just how much stuff
      can run on this thing at one time. Of the 32M of ram, about 24M is
      used on my running nslu2 - and 8M isn't a lot for running all the
      other applications I'd like to get going on this (at least courier-
      imap, fetchmail, maildrop, and squid). I wonder how
      difficult/feasible it would be to change the 32M chip for a larger
      memory - asy 256M?

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <toyseeker@m...> wrote:

      > --- On Mon 08/09, lredlefsen < lorenz-yahoo@r... > wrote:
      > > I've always thought it would be cool
      > > to have the NSLU2 serve up MP3s and photos to my TiVo, rather
      than
      > > having to run TiVo's desktop software on my PC.
      >
      > Check out http://sourceforge.net/projects/byrequest.
      >
      > I have modified this for my own needs, but the stock version works
      just fine. It is a 'C' program, compiles to a nice small executable,
      and will do all that the PC program does, as a Linux daemon.