Re: [nslu2-linux] FAT, FAT32 etc

  • Jason Cooper
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 19, 2004
      Craig Procter (craigwp@...) scribbled:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > my $0.02 as a Windows user - any chance for NTFS support to be added as well
      > please? No need to boot from the drive, but if Windows users can plug in
      > their existing USB HDDs and not have to reformat then the device suddenly
      > has a heck of a lot more usage for them (imho). Really seems to be a
      > Linksys oversight on that point.

      Or a bad marketing attempt at lock-in... :)

      Just looked at 2.6.8.1 kernel, NTFS read support is fine. However,
      write support is restricted, but safe. By restricted, you can write to
      files that already exist, as long as the new data is exactly the same
      length. I read this as "it ain't ready" :( Sorry.

      Cooper.