Re: [nslu2-linux] Asterisk - making tons of misaligned access errors

  • Josh Parsons
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 8:28 AM
      On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 23:16 -0800, CORNELIU DOBAN wrote:

      > SER is fine but Asterisk has problem with misaligned access.
      >
      > Enabling SIGBUS for misaligned access cause asterisk to die on startup
      > while loading various moduled. It looks random, sometime it even
      > starts ok.

      > Is there any way to fix this kind of problems (any compile flags),
      > or the entire software has to be debugged ?

      Well, it has to be a bug in the source code. However, it seems from the
      asterisk makefile that it's designed to run on sparc, and sparc is as
      alignment-fussy as arm is. So there should some configuration under
      which it'll work. I'd suggest running it under gdb and trying to track
      down the bug.

      As a guess, the LOW_MEMORY option might be to blame?

      --
      Josh Parsons
      Philosophy Department