Byrequest for Tivo 7.1 problems

  • Charlie Joy
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
      I am trying to get the new version of Byrequest running on my NSLU2,
      and it sort of works, in that the NSLU2 menu appears on the TiVo under
      "Music And Photos" as "Music at NSLU" however if I select it I always
      get "An unexpected error occured while accessing the server
      (Error#3-5-6)".

      I'd REALLY appreciate any help with getting this going :-)

      Charlie

      The relevent debug info seems to be..

      Fri Apr 1 10:26:48: Rcvd Command:
      GET /TivoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/share/hdd/data/hack/byRequest
      /Music%0D&Recurse=No&Filter=x-container/folder%2Cx-container/playlist%2Caudio/*&
      SortOrder=Type%2CTitle&ItemCount=0&Details=Basic&Format=text/xml HTTP/1.0

      Fri Apr 1 10:26:48: Sending directory /share/hdd/data/hack/byRequest/Music
      (the line above appears when I select the NSLU2 menu on the Tivo, and
      the Tivo immediately displays the error 3-5-6 message)

      Fri Apr 1 10:28:10: Preparing beacon string with hname=LKG7C25C3

      Fri Apr 1 10:28:10: Ready to send beacon:
      TiVoConnect=1
      swversion=0.45a
      method=broadcast
      identity=77
      machine=LKG7C25C3
      platform=pc/linux
      services=TiVoMediaServer:2190/http

      Fri Apr 1 10:28:10: Sent beacon:
      TiVoConnect=1
      swversion=0.45a
      method=broadcast
      identity=77
      machine=LKG7C25C3
      platform=pc/linux
      services=TiVoMediaServer:2190/http

    • Brian Lantz
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005
        My first guess would be to check the permissions on the Music directory and
        its contents. That would provide this kind of error.

        Brian A. Lantz brian@... http://www.lantz.com

        > I am trying to get the new version of Byrequest running on my NSLU2,
        > and it sort of works, in that the NSLU2 menu appears on the TiVo
        > under "Music And Photos" as "Music at NSLU" however if I select it I
        > always get "An unexpected error occured while accessing the server
        > (Error#3-5-6)".
        >
        > I'd REALLY appreciate any help with getting this going :-)
        >
        > Charlie
        >
        > The relevent debug info seems to be..

        > Fri Apr 1 10:26:48: Rcvd Command:
        > GET /TivoConnect?
        Command=QueryContainer&Container=/share/hdd/data/hack/byRequest
        > /Music%0D&Recurse=No&Filter=x-container/folder%2Cx-container/playlist%
        2Caudio/*&
        > SortOrder=Type%2CTitle&ItemCount=0&Details=Basic&Format=text/xml HTTP/1.0
        >
        > Fri Apr 1 10:26:48: Sending directory
        > /share/hdd/data/hack/byRequest/Music
        > (the line above appears when I select the NSLU2 menu on the Tivo,
        > and the Tivo immediately displays the error 3-5-6 message)
        >
        > Fri Apr 1 10:28:10: Preparing beacon string with hname=LKG7C25C3
        >
        > Fri Apr 1 10:28:10: Ready to send beacon:
        > TiVoConnect=1
        > swversion=0.45a
        > method=broadcast
        > identity=77
        > machine=LKG7C25C3
        > platform=pc/linux
        > services=TiVoMediaServer:2190/http
        >
        > Fri Apr 1 10:28:10: Sent beacon:
        > TiVoConnect=1
        > swversion=0.45a
        > method=broadcast
        > identity=77
        > machine=LKG7C25C3
        > platform=pc/linux
        > services=TiVoMediaServer:2190/http

        ------- End of Original Message -------
      • Charlie Joy
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005

          Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I know very little about Linux, so
          I'm not certain what the permissions should be. If I do ls -l I get:

          # ls -l
          drwxrwxr-x 100 admin everyone 4096 Apr 1 10:17 Music
          -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 24922 Apr 2 08:32
          byRequest.log

          The same permissions for the "Music" directory also appear for all
          directories within "Music"...does this look right?

          Thanks,
          Charlie