NLSU hangs after 5 minutes?

  • rcharlton1971
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2005
      I have a new NLSU, but find that it stops responding (to http or smb requests) 5 minutes
      after booting. It does this whether disks are connected or not. I'm running the latest
      Linksys firmware V2.3R29.

      Anyone any idea why? Thanks!
      -
      rcharlton@...
    • goodnewscd
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2005
        What kind of switch or hub are you using? I have the same problem
        when it is on my 10M/HDX hub. It only works on my 100M/FDX switch.

        KK

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "rcharlton1971" <rcharlton@m...>
        wrote:

        > I have a new NLSU, but find that it stops responding (to http or smb
        requests) 5 minutes
        > after booting. It does this whether disks are connected or not. I'm
        running the latest
        > Linksys firmware V2.3R29.
        >
        > Anyone any idea why? Thanks!
        > -
        > rcharlton@m...
      • rcharlton1971
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31, 2005
          I'm using a dlink DI-624+ router with Mac OS X.

          Any idea what the cause of this is?

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "goodnewscd" <mung_house@y...> wrote:

          > What kind of switch or hub are you using? I have the same problem
          > when it is on my 10M/HDX hub. It only works on my 100M/FDX switch.
          >
          > KK
          >
          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "rcharlton1971" <rcharlton@m...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I have a new NLSU, but find that it stops responding (to http or smb
          > requests) 5 minutes
          > > after booting. It does this whether disks are connected or not. I'm
          > running the latest
          > > Linksys firmware V2.3R29.
          > >
          > > Anyone any idea why? Thanks!
          > > -
          > > rcharlton@m...
        • rcharlton1971
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 31, 2005
            From the uNSLUng wiki:

            27. The NSLU drops connections all the time, even the web interface times out.

            Try disabling UPnP support on the NSLU2 and possibly on the router as well. A user
            reports that their NSLU2 was basically unusable until they switched off UPnP support
            through the web admin interface. Since disabling UPnP support in the NSLU2, there have
            not been any problems. There may be issues with certain D-Link routers (in this case a D-
            Link 624) and UPnP support as well so it is recommended that you disable UPnP support in
            the router. Please leave a note in the wiki if disabling UPnP support helps.

            I had to disable UPnP to get my NSLU2 to work properly. I have a DLINK DI-524 router.

            This matches my experience/set-up.

            What is UPnP though?