Re:RE: [nslu2-linux] Re: Wish: MySql for NSLU2

  • Spöttel Otmar
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
      I'am not sure, because i am in this case (mySQL) a noop.
      I see only in the installation description from many CMS Systems, that they
      are pre configured for mySQL. In the most cases you must only type in the
      sql database name, sql username and password.
      So i think the easiest way for many PHP projects (all thea use a
      Database...) is, that we have also a mySQL database system running on the
      NSLU2

      Otmar

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 22, 2005
        Hi Katherine,
        I've been working on getting mysql compiled on the good old
        slug and would like to collaborate if you've learned anything more.
        I have parameters for the configure script that create makefiles
        based on the native environment provided at http://www.nslu2-
        linux.org/. The parameters are as follows:

        ./configure --with-named-thread-libs=/opt/armeb/armv5b-softfloat-
        linux/lib/libpthread.so --build=i686-build_pc-linux-gnu --
        target=armv5b-softfloat-linux --with-named-curses-
        libs=/opt/lib/libncurses.so.5.4 --with-low-memory --with-mysqld-
        user=mysql \
        --prefix=/opt/mysql --localstatedir=/opt/mysql/data

        I used the named thread libs to get around the LinuxThreads error
        and the curses to get around a curses not found error I was getting
        from configure. Unfortunately during the compile, a c file in mysys
        gets errors. Specifically, it can't find a reference to a thread
        mutex holding variable. My thought is that the pthread libs
        compiled with the native environment are screwy but I'm a rookie at
        this. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly
        appreciated. My next steps are to figure out how to compile the
        glibc libs and linuxthreads again to try an eliminate that as an
        issue.

        Regards,
        Tom

        .com, "Katherine" <kate@b...> wrote:

        > Hi Spöttel,
        > I have successfully installed Movable Type with the BerkeleyDB
        back
        > end. I too have been trying to get MySQL compiled on the NSLU2 but
        > have not been successfull.
        >
        > -K

      • Katherine
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2005
          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "hoffspot" <thoffman2@a...> wrote:

          > Hi Katherine,
          > I've been working on getting mysql compiled on the good old
          > slug and would like to collaborate if you've learned anything more.

          Hi Tom, I haven't learned anything more. I used a similar set of
          configure parameters but I've never been able to get it to work. I'll
          try it today using your parameters to see if I can reproduce your
          error.

          -Katherine