Re: Wish: MySql for NSLU2

  • Katherine
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
      Hi Spöttel,
      I have successfully installed Movable Type with the BerkeleyDB back
      end. I too have been trying to get MySQL compiled on the NSLU2 but I
      have not been successfull.

      -K

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Spöttel Otmar
      <otmar.spoettel@g...> wrote:
      > It's for me no alternative. Because the most "Ready-to Install"
      CMS systems
      > need a mySQL database.
      > Have a look on http://www.opensourcecms.com/
      >
      > The only good alternative with text- / filebased "database" is
      GuppY. But
      > there are some main problems. The developer group are france
      people and i
      > don't understand france...
      > The language support (i.e. english /german) is very buggy. Many
      plugins
      > won't work well in other language as france.
      > The Support forum is available in france and english. But in
      english you get
      > very less help...
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Otmar

    • Spöttel Otmar
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
        I'am not sure, because i am in this case (mySQL) a noop.
        I see only in the installation description from many CMS Systems, that they
        are pre configured for mySQL. In the most cases you must only type in the
        sql database name, sql username and password.
        So i think the easiest way for many PHP projects (all thea use a
        Database...) is, that we have also a mySQL database system running on the
        NSLU2

        Otmar

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 22, 2005
          Hi Katherine,
          I've been working on getting mysql compiled on the good old
          slug and would like to collaborate if you've learned anything more.
          I have parameters for the configure script that create makefiles
          based on the native environment provided at http://www.nslu2-
          linux.org/. The parameters are as follows:

          ./configure --with-named-thread-libs=/opt/armeb/armv5b-softfloat-
          linux/lib/libpthread.so --build=i686-build_pc-linux-gnu --
          target=armv5b-softfloat-linux --with-named-curses-
          libs=/opt/lib/libncurses.so.5.4 --with-low-memory --with-mysqld-
          user=mysql \
          --prefix=/opt/mysql --localstatedir=/opt/mysql/data

          I used the named thread libs to get around the LinuxThreads error
          and the curses to get around a curses not found error I was getting
          from configure. Unfortunately during the compile, a c file in mysys
          gets errors. Specifically, it can't find a reference to a thread
          mutex holding variable. My thought is that the pthread libs
          compiled with the native environment are screwy but I'm a rookie at
          this. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly
          appreciated. My next steps are to figure out how to compile the
          glibc libs and linuxthreads again to try an eliminate that as an
          issue.

          Regards,
          Tom

          .com, "Katherine" <kate@b...> wrote:

          > Hi Spöttel,
          > I have successfully installed Movable Type with the BerkeleyDB
          back
          > end. I too have been trying to get MySQL compiled on the NSLU2 but
          > have not been successfull.
          >
          > -K

        • Katherine
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1, 2005
            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "hoffspot" <thoffman2@a...> wrote:

            > Hi Katherine,
            > I've been working on getting mysql compiled on the good old
            > slug and would like to collaborate if you've learned anything more.

            Hi Tom, I haven't learned anything more. I used a similar set of
            configure parameters but I've never been able to get it to work. I'll
            try it today using your parameters to see if I can reproduce your
            error.

            -Katherine