RE: [nslu2-linux] Re: Wish: MySql for NSLU2

  • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2 5:45 AM
      Being rather ignorant here: To what extent do you guys need MySQL? Could
      other SQL servers do the same for you?

      best,

      -- Inge

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2 7:53 AM
        Hi Spöttel,
        I have successfully installed Movable Type with the BerkeleyDB back
        end. I too have been trying to get MySQL compiled on the NSLU2 but I
        have not been successfull.

        -K

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Spöttel Otmar
        <otmar.spoettel@g...> wrote:
        > It's for me no alternative. Because the most "Ready-to Install"
        CMS systems
        > need a mySQL database.
        > Have a look on http://www.opensourcecms.com/
        >
        > The only good alternative with text- / filebased "database" is
        GuppY. But
        > there are some main problems. The developer group are france
        people and i
        > don't understand france...
        > The language support (i.e. english /german) is very buggy. Many
        plugins
        > won't work well in other language as france.
        > The Support forum is available in france and english. But in
        english you get
        > very less help...
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Otmar

      • Spöttel Otmar
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2 8:22 AM
          I'am not sure, because i am in this case (mySQL) a noop.
          I see only in the installation description from many CMS Systems, that they
          are pre configured for mySQL. In the most cases you must only type in the
          sql database name, sql username and password.
          So i think the easiest way for many PHP projects (all thea use a
          Database...) is, that we have also a mySQL database system running on the
          NSLU2

          Otmar

          > Being rather ignorant here: To what extent do you guys need MySQL? Could
          > other SQL servers do the same for you?
          >
          > best,
          >
          > -- Inge

        • hoffspot
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 22 12:53 PM
            Hi Katherine,
            I've been working on getting mysql compiled on the good old
            slug and would like to collaborate if you've learned anything more.
            I have parameters for the configure script that create makefiles
            based on the native environment provided at http://www.nslu2-
            linux.org/. The parameters are as follows:

            ./configure --with-named-thread-libs=/opt/armeb/armv5b-softfloat-
            linux/lib/libpthread.so --build=i686-build_pc-linux-gnu --
            target=armv5b-softfloat-linux --with-named-curses-
            libs=/opt/lib/libncurses.so.5.4 --with-low-memory --with-mysqld-
            user=mysql \
            --prefix=/opt/mysql --localstatedir=/opt/mysql/data

            I used the named thread libs to get around the LinuxThreads error
            and the curses to get around a curses not found error I was getting
            from configure. Unfortunately during the compile, a c file in mysys
            gets errors. Specifically, it can't find a reference to a thread
            mutex holding variable. My thought is that the pthread libs
            compiled with the native environment are screwy but I'm a rookie at
            this. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly
            appreciated. My next steps are to figure out how to compile the
            glibc libs and linuxthreads again to try an eliminate that as an
            issue.

            Regards,
            Tom

            .com, "Katherine" <kate@b...> wrote:

            > Hi Spöttel,
            > I have successfully installed Movable Type with the BerkeleyDB
            back
            > end. I too have been trying to get MySQL compiled on the NSLU2 but
            > have not been successfull.
            >
            > -K

          • Katherine
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 1, 2005
              --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "hoffspot" <thoffman2@a...> wrote:

              > Hi Katherine,
              > I've been working on getting mysql compiled on the good old
              > slug and would like to collaborate if you've learned anything more.

              Hi Tom, I haven't learned anything more. I used a similar set of
              configure parameters but I've never been able to get it to work. I'll
              try it today using your parameters to see if I can reproduce your
              error.

              -Katherine