Re: Wish: MySql for NSLU2

  • Dave Redfern
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
      Being one of the "Stupid" I would also like MySQL support but don't
      really know how to go about it.

      Shame its not a package.

      Cheers

      Dave
    • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
        Being rather ignorant here: To what extent do you guys need MySQL? Could
        other SQL servers do the same for you?

        best,

        -- Inge

        > Being one of the "Stupid" I would also like MySQL
        > support but don't
        > really know how to go about it.
        >

        > Shame its not a package.
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Dave
        >

        > [ Moderator Note: All static information is slowly moving
        > to the Wiki at http://www.nslu2-linux.org ] Yahoo! Groups
        > Links

      • Katherine
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
          Hi Spöttel,
          I have successfully installed Movable Type with the BerkeleyDB back
          end. I too have been trying to get MySQL compiled on the NSLU2 but I
          have not been successfull.

          -K

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Spöttel Otmar
          <otmar.spoettel@g...> wrote:
          > It's for me no alternative. Because the most "Ready-to Install"
          CMS systems
          > need a mySQL database.
          > Have a look on http://www.opensourcecms.com/
          >
          > The only good alternative with text- / filebased "database" is
          GuppY. But
          > there are some main problems. The developer group are france
          people and i
          > don't understand france...
          > The language support (i.e. english /german) is very buggy. Many
          plugins
          > won't work well in other language as france.
          > The Support forum is available in france and english. But in
          english you get
          > very less help...
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Otmar

        • Spöttel Otmar
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
            I'am not sure, because i am in this case (mySQL) a noop.
            I see only in the installation description from many CMS Systems, that they
            are pre configured for mySQL. In the most cases you must only type in the
            sql database name, sql username and password.
            So i think the easiest way for many PHP projects (all thea use a
            Database...) is, that we have also a mySQL database system running on the
            NSLU2

            Otmar

            > Being rather ignorant here: To what extent do you guys need MySQL? Could
            > other SQL servers do the same for you?
            >
            > best,
            >
            > -- Inge

          • hoffspot
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 22, 2005
              Hi Katherine,
              I've been working on getting mysql compiled on the good old
              slug and would like to collaborate if you've learned anything more.
              I have parameters for the configure script that create makefiles
              based on the native environment provided at http://www.nslu2-
              linux.org/. The parameters are as follows:

              ./configure --with-named-thread-libs=/opt/armeb/armv5b-softfloat-
              linux/lib/libpthread.so --build=i686-build_pc-linux-gnu --
              target=armv5b-softfloat-linux --with-named-curses-
              libs=/opt/lib/libncurses.so.5.4 --with-low-memory --with-mysqld-
              user=mysql \
              --prefix=/opt/mysql --localstatedir=/opt/mysql/data

              I used the named thread libs to get around the LinuxThreads error
              and the curses to get around a curses not found error I was getting
              from configure. Unfortunately during the compile, a c file in mysys
              gets errors. Specifically, it can't find a reference to a thread
              mutex holding variable. My thought is that the pthread libs
              compiled with the native environment are screwy but I'm a rookie at
              this. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly
              appreciated. My next steps are to figure out how to compile the
              glibc libs and linuxthreads again to try an eliminate that as an
              issue.

              Regards,
              Tom

              .com, "Katherine" <kate@b...> wrote:

              > Hi Spöttel,
              > I have successfully installed Movable Type with the BerkeleyDB
              back
              > end. I too have been trying to get MySQL compiled on the NSLU2 but
              > have not been successfull.
              >
              > -K

            • Katherine
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1 8:21 AM
                --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "hoffspot" <thoffman2@a...> wrote:

                > Hi Katherine,
                > I've been working on getting mysql compiled on the good old
                > slug and would like to collaborate if you've learned anything more.

                Hi Tom, I haven't learned anything more. I used a similar set of
                configure parameters but I've never been able to get it to work. I'll
                try it today using your parameters to see if I can reproduce your
                error.

                -Katherine