Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Wish: MySql for NSLU2

  • Spöttel Otmar
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2 3:25 AM
      It's for me no alternative. Because the most "Ready-to Install" CMS systems
      need a mySQL database.
      Have a look on http://www.opensourcecms.com/

      The only good alternative with text- / filebased "database" is GuppY. But
      there are some main problems. The developer group are france people and i
      don't understand france...
      The language support (i.e. english /german) is very buggy. Many plugins
      won't work well in other language as france.
      The Support forum is available in france and english. But in english you get
      very less help...

      Regards

      Otmar
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2 5:36 AM
        Being one of the "Stupid" I would also like MySQL support but don't
        really know how to go about it.

        Shame its not a package.

        Cheers

        Dave
      • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2 5:45 AM
          Being rather ignorant here: To what extent do you guys need MySQL? Could
          other SQL servers do the same for you?

          best,

          -- Inge

          > Being one of the "Stupid" I would also like MySQL
          > support but don't
          > really know how to go about it.
          >

          > Shame its not a package.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Dave
          >

          > [ Moderator Note: All static information is slowly moving
          > to the Wiki at http://www.nslu2-linux.org ] Yahoo! Groups
          > Links

        • Katherine
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2 7:53 AM
            Hi Spöttel,
            I have successfully installed Movable Type with the BerkeleyDB back
            end. I too have been trying to get MySQL compiled on the NSLU2 but I
            have not been successfull.

            -K

            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Spöttel Otmar
            <otmar.spoettel@g...> wrote:
            > It's for me no alternative. Because the most "Ready-to Install"
            CMS systems
            > need a mySQL database.
            > Have a look on http://www.opensourcecms.com/
            >
            > The only good alternative with text- / filebased "database" is
            GuppY. But
            > there are some main problems. The developer group are france
            people and i
            > don't understand france...
            > The language support (i.e. english /german) is very buggy. Many
            plugins
            > won't work well in other language as france.
            > The Support forum is available in france and english. But in
            english you get
            > very less help...
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Otmar

          • Spöttel Otmar
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 2 8:22 AM
              I'am not sure, because i am in this case (mySQL) a noop.
              I see only in the installation description from many CMS Systems, that they
              are pre configured for mySQL. In the most cases you must only type in the
              sql database name, sql username and password.
              So i think the easiest way for many PHP projects (all thea use a
              Database...) is, that we have also a mySQL database system running on the
              NSLU2

              Otmar

              > Being rather ignorant here: To what extent do you guys need MySQL? Could
              > other SQL servers do the same for you?
              >
              > best,
              >
              > -- Inge

            • hoffspot
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 22 12:53 PM
                Hi Katherine,
                I've been working on getting mysql compiled on the good old
                slug and would like to collaborate if you've learned anything more.
                I have parameters for the configure script that create makefiles
                based on the native environment provided at http://www.nslu2-
                linux.org/. The parameters are as follows:

                ./configure --with-named-thread-libs=/opt/armeb/armv5b-softfloat-
                linux/lib/libpthread.so --build=i686-build_pc-linux-gnu --
                target=armv5b-softfloat-linux --with-named-curses-
                libs=/opt/lib/libncurses.so.5.4 --with-low-memory --with-mysqld-
                user=mysql \
                --prefix=/opt/mysql --localstatedir=/opt/mysql/data

                I used the named thread libs to get around the LinuxThreads error
                and the curses to get around a curses not found error I was getting
                from configure. Unfortunately during the compile, a c file in mysys
                gets errors. Specifically, it can't find a reference to a thread
                mutex holding variable. My thought is that the pthread libs
                compiled with the native environment are screwy but I'm a rookie at
                this. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly
                appreciated. My next steps are to figure out how to compile the
                glibc libs and linuxthreads again to try an eliminate that as an
                issue.

                Regards,
                Tom

                .com, "Katherine" <kate@b...> wrote:

                > Hi Spöttel,
                > I have successfully installed Movable Type with the BerkeleyDB
                back
                > end. I too have been trying to get MySQL compiled on the NSLU2 but
                > have not been successfull.
                >
                > -K

              • Katherine
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 1, 2005
                  --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "hoffspot" <thoffman2@a...> wrote:

                  > Hi Katherine,
                  > I've been working on getting mysql compiled on the good old
                  > slug and would like to collaborate if you've learned anything more.

                  Hi Tom, I haven't learned anything more. I used a similar set of
                  configure parameters but I've never been able to get it to work. I'll
                  try it today using your parameters to see if I can reproduce your
                  error.

                  -Katherine