Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: WLAN/LAN interface for digital cameras

  • Jay Prince
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2005
      I've since learned that PTP can be used to get images off, so you can
      attache two cameras to an NSLU2. However, when I attempt to attach my
      PTP camera (A kodak cx7300) the NSLU2 locks up hard. It seems to do
      this whenever I plug in any USB device that is not the hard drive.
      (I'm plugging the camera into the second USB port.) (Though I do think
      I was successful once in plugging in the camera, so it doesn't seem to
      be a consistent problem, but it does happen regularly.)

      RE: Two camera support-- 2.1.5 of gPhoto supports this. I will try
      getting that built tonight... what Helmut packaged up is 2.1.4 (and
      much thanks, by the way!) Also, my camera was not recognized by
      2.1.4, as its USB id data was not included in that distribution, so
      I've got another incentive to try 2.1.5. (Passing these ids into the
      command line was what I was trying when the NSLU2 locked up.)

      Jay