Re: [nslu2-linux] Can NSLU2 run with USB flash only?

  • Miki Grof-Tisza
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2005
      I just though I'd put my two cents in.

      The setup metioned below would work fine with the 3.18 beta firmware,
      that's the configuration I had for a while. Be advised that the slug will
      by default format three partitions:

      sda1: data
      sda2: conf
      sda3: swap

      you'll most likely want to disable swapping on a flash drive so you don't
      kill your flash drive with excessive writes. If you partition the flash
      disk yourself you can also regain the storage space that would be wasted
      in the swap. Take a look at the howto on custom partitioning.

      Regards,
      MTisza