Internet access to NSLU2

  • eternity_rules
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005
      A have my NSLU2 connected to a router. The NSLU has one disk (A
      Maxtor) linked and within my LAN I have great access and performance.

      I am trying to make some files accessible via the internet. To do
      so, I have opened a port om my router (9090) and configured the
      Linksys to open its webinterface using port 9090. This works fine: I
      can access the Linkys "from the outside world" and use my admin
      password to access files.

      Unfortunately the Excel file I open becomes "read only"....?

      The adress I use to open the file in Excel is:

      http://myip:9090/dir_name/file.xls

      I have a feeling I am doing something wrong.....
      Within the LAN I have just mapped a drive name to the Linksys and
      that works hassle free.

      Can I use another adressing way to access a file on the Linksys via
      the internet? Or to put it differently: what adress should I sent to
      someone in order to make him capable of accessing my Linksys hard
      disk?

      Thank you for your help,

      Ernst

      PS
      I have searched the post for an answer but could not find it.