Re: [nslu2-linux] How to create ttyUSB0?

  • janne
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
      Thank you.
      I haven't sleept ither for a while...
      I got the ttyUSB0 now.
      ...how do I send the command "1ON1" to the device? :)

      /Janne

      Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen wrote:

      >I didn't sleep that much last night. Sorry, it is of course:
      >
      >mknod /dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0

    • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
        echo "1ON1" > /dev/ttyUSB0 ?? Maybe I am being naïve here... (don't really
        know the environment you're setting up).

        best,

        -- inge

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
          The latest miau package puts the logs in /opt/var/spool/miau ...

          -- Rod

          On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:34:38 -0000, caplink811 <caplink@...> wrote:

          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Matt McNeill"
          > <matt_mcneill@h...> wrote:
          >
          > Hi Matt,
          >
          > > 2) Can the logs be redirected elsewhere? (I would like to access
          > them
          > > on a share)
          >
          > Yes, there can, but you have to recompile miau, cause it's hardcoded
          > in miau.c. There is a patch in CVS.
          >
          > bye
          > JrB
          >

          > [ Moderator Note: All static information is slowly moving to the Wiki at
          > http://www.nslu2-linux.org ]

        • janne
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
            That was my guess also, but it did nothing.
            Should I use the minicom serial terminal to send the command?
            Is there an minicom ipkg -package?
            I saw the bb -package in the openembedded, but I don't know how to build
            that one :)

            /Janne