RE: [nslu2-linux] How to create ttyUSB0?

  • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
      I didn't sleep that much last night. Sorry, it is of course:

      mknod /dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0

      to test it on the ramfs.

      best,

      -- Inge

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
        Thank you.
        I haven't sleept ither for a while...
        I got the ttyUSB0 now.
        ...how do I send the command "1ON1" to the device? :)

        /Janne

        Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen wrote:

        >I didn't sleep that much last night. Sorry, it is of course:
        >
        >mknod /dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0

      • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
          echo "1ON1" > /dev/ttyUSB0 ?? Maybe I am being naïve here... (don't really
          know the environment you're setting up).

          best,

          -- inge

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
            The latest miau package puts the logs in /opt/var/spool/miau ...

            -- Rod

            On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:34:38 -0000, caplink811 <caplink@...> wrote:

            > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Matt McNeill"
            > <matt_mcneill@h...> wrote:
            >
            > Hi Matt,
            >
            > > 2) Can the logs be redirected elsewhere? (I would like to access
            > them
            > > on a share)
            >
            > Yes, there can, but you have to recompile miau, cause it's hardcoded
            > in miau.c. There is a patch in CVS.
            >
            > bye
            > JrB
            >

            > [ Moderator Note: All static information is slowly moving to the Wiki at
            > http://www.nslu2-linux.org ]

          • janne
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
              That was my guess also, but it did nothing.
              Should I use the minicom serial terminal to send the command?
              Is there an minicom ipkg -package?
              I saw the bb -package in the openembedded, but I don't know how to build
              that one :)

              /Janne