Re: Re: ctorrent

  • Stephen Henson
    Message 1 of 52 , Feb 1, 2005
      In article <5059edbf05020109177102053@...>, rjtucker-
      Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@... says...

      > On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:48:28 -0000, joaoljr <joaolj@...> wrote:
      > > Please let me
      > > know if you find any problems with ctorrent.
      >
      > I don't know if this is a problem with ctorrent or something else, but
      > I am getting the following tracker failure message:
      >
      > # ctorrent ../torrents/Enterprise.torrent
      > META INFO
      > Announce: http://niteshdw.dyndns.org/announce
      > Created On: Tue Sep 7 02:50:48 2004
      > Piece length: 2097152
      > [...snip...]
      > - 8/75 [0/1060/1060] 2162688,0 | 1016,0 | 0,0 E:0/1TRACKER FAILURE
      > REASON: Error: Your client is attempting to spoof the tracker. Your
      > IP has been banned and your activities are being logged!
      >
      > I am not deliberately doing anything nasty. Any ideas?

      There are several problems with the tracker handling in the standard
      ctorrent which could cause this. Including...

      1. Sending multiple "completed" messages to the tracker including
      initial connect if the file is complete.
      2. Not sending anything to the tracker for extended periods of time.
      3. Never sending a stopped message the tracker.
      4. Sending negative byte counts to the tracker.
      5. Resetting the downloaded count to zero when download is complete.

      #4 only happens if you hit the maximum int value which is after 2Gb of
      transfer. So if this only happened after a long time that could be it.

      I've sent patches for #1-3 to the ctorrent patch list. They are in ID
      1109287.

      I've also just sent a fix for #4 as ID 1114197.

      I know what's causing #5: it explicitly resets the counts at various
      points. I just not sure what this was intended to achieve and whether
      there are any unforseen consequences in just commenting them out.

      Steve.
    • mbanditt
      Message 52 of 52 , Jul 6 5:25 AM
        > > With regards to the ctorrent port to NSLU2: The patch

        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=deta
        il&aid=1084776&group_id=91
        > > 688&atid=598034 is required for many trackers now, but is not in
        ctorrent
        > > CVS or your port. Would you mind adding (or letting me add) this
        patch to
        > > the NSLU CVS?

        Do I understand this correctly, that the CVS version is a different
        one than the one in the files section of the yahoo groups site?

        In my case the ipk version in the unslung feed does not work correctly
        whereas the version in the files section does and furthermore also has
        more features.

        Would it be possible to also patch the enhanced version in the files
        section?

        Regards,

        Michael