RE: [nslu2-linux] How to create ttyUSB0?

  • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
      > I think all is working, but where do I find the ttyUSB0?
      > ..or how do I
      > create it?

      We don't have devfs yet, so you must mknod it manually. Test it first on the
      ramfs /dev before doing it on the flash:

      mknod /mnt/dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0

      (I think the major dev number is correct, but double check with your
      driver).

      best,

      -- Inge
    • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
        I didn't sleep that much last night. Sorry, it is of course:

        mknod /dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0

        to test it on the ramfs.

        best,

        -- Inge

        > > I think all is working, but where do I find the ttyUSB0?
        > > ..or how do I
        > > create it?
        >
        > We don't have devfs yet, so you must mknod it manually.
        > Test it first on the ramfs /dev before doing it on the
        > flash:
        >
        > mknod /mnt/dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0
        >
        > (I think the major dev number is correct, but double
        > check with your driver).
        >
        > best,
        >
        > -- Inge
        >

        > [ Moderator Note: All static information is slowly moving
        > to the Wiki at http://www.nslu2-linux.org ]
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • janne
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
          Thank you.
          I haven't sleept ither for a while...
          I got the ttyUSB0 now.
          ...how do I send the command "1ON1" to the device? :)

          /Janne

          Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen wrote:

          >I didn't sleep that much last night. Sorry, it is of course:
          >
          >mknod /dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0

        • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
            echo "1ON1" > /dev/ttyUSB0 ?? Maybe I am being naïve here... (don't really
            know the environment you're setting up).

            best,

            -- inge

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
              The latest miau package puts the logs in /opt/var/spool/miau ...

              -- Rod

              On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:34:38 -0000, caplink811 <caplink@...> wrote:

              > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Matt McNeill"
              > <matt_mcneill@h...> wrote:
              >
              > Hi Matt,
              >
              > > 2) Can the logs be redirected elsewhere? (I would like to access
              > them
              > > on a share)
              >
              > Yes, there can, but you have to recompile miau, cause it's hardcoded
              > in miau.c. There is a patch in CVS.
              >
              > bye
              > JrB
              >

              > [ Moderator Note: All static information is slowly moving to the Wiki at
              > http://www.nslu2-linux.org ]

            • janne
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 1, 2005
                That was my guess also, but it did nothing.
                Should I use the minicom serial terminal to send the command?
                Is there an minicom ipkg -package?
                I saw the bb -package in the openembedded, but I don't know how to build
                that one :)

                /Janne