Re: samba v3

  • goodnewscd
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 1, 2005
      I have asterisk on my ibook. It supports up to about 30 calls if SIP proxy/routing only.
      However, it does not work that good if there is need of transcoding or v-mail. It will
      quickly kill the box in around 5 calls. I hope the nslu2 can handle 2 calls. So, when I am
      on a phone call, the 2nd in-coming call can go to v-mail. This should be good enough for
      home use.

      KK

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen <i.b.arnesen@f...> wrote:
      > > What is the next package? How about a VoIP-PBX server
      > > (asterisk)? I believe nslu2 is little under-power; but,
      > > it is fun to try.
      >
      > Oh, that would be great. I'm not sure I will use it as my main IP phone
      > system, though - it will depend a lot on stability: I'm serious about my
      > phone connection. For me the major thing about Asterisk is the ability to
      > have multiple IP phone vendors (one in each country you call on regular
      > basis) and automatic vendor selection on calls.
      >
      > Talked to a friend about this a few weeks back. He runs it on a Mac and
      > reported low CPU use and moderate memory requirements, so it might be
      > possible.
      >
      > best,
      >
      > -- Inge
    • goodnewscd
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 1, 2005
        There is VOIP on the wish list. I also want to move my voip-pbx over too.

        KK :-)