RE: [nslu2-linux] samba v3

  • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 1, 2005
      > What is the next package? How about a VoIP-PBX server
      > (asterisk)? I believe nslu2 is little under-power; but,
      > it is fun to try.

      Oh, that would be great. I'm not sure I will use it as my main IP phone
      system, though - it will depend a lot on stability: I'm serious about my
      phone connection. For me the major thing about Asterisk is the ability to
      have multiple IP phone vendors (one in each country you call on regular
      basis) and automatic vendor selection on calls.

      Talked to a friend about this a few weeks back. He runs it on a Mac and
      reported low CPU use and moderate memory requirements, so it might be
      possible.

      best,

      -- Inge
    • goodnewscd
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 1, 2005
        I have asterisk on my ibook. It supports up to about 30 calls if SIP proxy/routing only.
        However, it does not work that good if there is need of transcoding or v-mail. It will
        quickly kill the box in around 5 calls. I hope the nslu2 can handle 2 calls. So, when I am
        on a phone call, the 2nd in-coming call can go to v-mail. This should be good enough for
        home use.

        KK

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen <i.b.arnesen@f...> wrote:
        > > What is the next package? How about a VoIP-PBX server
        > > (asterisk)? I believe nslu2 is little under-power; but,
        > > it is fun to try.
        >
        > Oh, that would be great. I'm not sure I will use it as my main IP phone
        > system, though - it will depend a lot on stability: I'm serious about my
        > phone connection. For me the major thing about Asterisk is the ability to
        > have multiple IP phone vendors (one in each country you call on regular
        > basis) and automatic vendor selection on calls.
        >
        > Talked to a friend about this a few weeks back. He runs it on a Mac and
        > reported low CPU use and moderate memory requirements, so it might be
        > possible.
        >
        > best,
        >
        > -- Inge
      • goodnewscd
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 1, 2005
          There is VOIP on the wish list. I also want to move my voip-pbx over too.

          KK :-)