Re: samba v3

  • na_paulhar
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 1, 2005
      > What is the next package? How about a VoIP-PBX server (asterisk)? I
      > believe nslu2 is little under-power; but, it is fun to try.

      Please look over the "wish list" and "package wish lists" to see if
      there are things people have asked for too. Although it may be less
      interesting - the results will affect many more people.

      Thanks :)

      Paul
    • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 1, 2005
        > What is the next package? How about a VoIP-PBX server
        > (asterisk)? I believe nslu2 is little under-power; but,
        > it is fun to try.

        Oh, that would be great. I'm not sure I will use it as my main IP phone
        system, though - it will depend a lot on stability: I'm serious about my
        phone connection. For me the major thing about Asterisk is the ability to
        have multiple IP phone vendors (one in each country you call on regular
        basis) and automatic vendor selection on calls.

        Talked to a friend about this a few weeks back. He runs it on a Mac and
        reported low CPU use and moderate memory requirements, so it might be
        possible.

        best,

        -- Inge
      • goodnewscd
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 1, 2005
          I have asterisk on my ibook. It supports up to about 30 calls if SIP proxy/routing only.
          However, it does not work that good if there is need of transcoding or v-mail. It will
          quickly kill the box in around 5 calls. I hope the nslu2 can handle 2 calls. So, when I am
          on a phone call, the 2nd in-coming call can go to v-mail. This should be good enough for
          home use.

          KK

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen <i.b.arnesen@f...> wrote:
          > > What is the next package? How about a VoIP-PBX server
          > > (asterisk)? I believe nslu2 is little under-power; but,
          > > it is fun to try.
          >
          > Oh, that would be great. I'm not sure I will use it as my main IP phone
          > system, though - it will depend a lot on stability: I'm serious about my
          > phone connection. For me the major thing about Asterisk is the ability to
          > have multiple IP phone vendors (one in each country you call on regular
          > basis) and automatic vendor selection on calls.
          >
          > Talked to a friend about this a few weeks back. He runs it on a Mac and
          > reported low CPU use and moderate memory requirements, so it might be
          > possible.
          >
          > best,
          >
          > -- Inge
        • goodnewscd
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 1, 2005
            There is VOIP on the wish list. I also want to move my voip-pbx over too.

            KK :-)