Re: nslu RAM upgrade

  • dyoung8888
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2005
      there are a few modified Slugs out there.

      There is at least 1 in which the 2x8M16 parts have been changed to
      2x16M16 for a total of 64M, and if we stack them, a maximum of 128M.

      There are also at least 2 in which the 2x8M16 parts were
      supplemented by stacking more 8M16's on top of the existing ones and
      wiring the CS to the right place. For a total of 64M.

      Those two configurations have been BDI tested and work; though there
      are still a few bootloader issues to tackle before we can use the
      extra memory.

      If you have lots of money, you could replace the 2 factory chips
      with 4x32M16; and that should work; double check with the internal
      board photos on the wiki to be sure.

      Also any new findings should be here:
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/FattenYourSlug

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "samms71" <samms71@y...> wrote:

      > HI All,
      > I'm wondering if some folks have performed the RAM upgrade to
      their
      > slugs? If yes, what is the max memory that the slug can support?
      (the