appWeb and listening ports

  • Katherine
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2005
      Good morning, I loaded Unslung 3.17 on my NSLU2 this weekend and
      have installed the appWeb package. It seems to be running,

      (667 ttyp0 root 3704 S /opt/sbin/appWeb -f
      etc/appWeb.conf)

      however I can not open the default web page on port 7777. I also
      tried to telnet to port 7777, but the slug just doesn't seem to be
      listening.

      In appWeb.conf I changed the server name to the ip address of the
      slug (I didn't want to mess around with changing my hosts file & I
      don't have internal DNS.).

      The appWeb logs look good (to my untrained eye).

      Is there anything else I need to do to get the slug to listen?

      Thanks for your help!
      Kate
    • waikeong.moo
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2005
        Hi,
        I had the same problem as you before and get fixed it after follow the wiki page.
        Try to edit the  /opt/etc/init.d/S81appweb  with following text.

        #!/bin/sh

        if [ -n "`pidof appWeb`" ]; then
            /bin/killall appWeb 2>/dev/null

        fi

        rm /dev/random
        ln -s /dev/urandom /dev/random

        Katherine <kate@...> wrote:

        Good morning, I loaded Unslung 3.17 on my NSLU2 this weekend and
        have installed the appWeb package. It seems to be running,

        (667 ttyp0   root       3704   S   /opt/sbin/appWeb -f
        etc/appWeb.conf)

        however I can not open the default web page on port 7777. I also
        tried to telnet to port 7777, but the slug just doesn't seem to be
        listening.

        In appWeb.conf I changed the server name to the ip address of the
        slug (I didn't want to mess around with changing my hosts file & I
        don't have internal DNS.).

        The appWeb logs look good (to my untrained eye).

        Is there anything else I need to do to get the slug to listen?

        Thanks for your help!
        Kate

        [ Moderator Note: All static information is slowly moving to the Wiki at http://www.nslu2-linux.org ]

        Yahoo! Mobile
        - Download the latest ringtones, games, and more!

      • Katherine G.
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2005

          Thanks for the reminder, that’s the only step I skipped! It is working now.

          -K