RE: [nslu2-linux] Location/size of major partitions on 3.17 : clarification please ?

  • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2005
      Have a look at /proc/mounts - it should tell you what is mounted where. The
      size of the ramfs is a bit obscure - in fact I find the whole ramfs to be a
      bit dodgy in that is not compatible with du, mount (except the procps one)
      or df. If I recall correctly only /dev, /var and /tmp are ramfs, the rest is
      rootfs (flash root bank) or hard drives (under /share/hdd and /share/flash).

      The dns and ip is stored in a different flash bank than the kernel or
      rootfs, http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Info/RedBootSequence , so it doesn't
      have to be erased on flash.

      best,

      -- Inge