ipkg on nslu2 unable to unpack data.tar.gz correctly in a ipk.
- 1. ipkg version
-bash-2.05b$ ipkg -v
ipkg version 0.99.130
2. on 1st nslu2, I built a ipk package and installed on 2nd nslu2
and found there are some binaries/files are avaiable on 2nd nslu2.
3. I traced from installed, ipk package directories and generated
data.tar.gz in ipk the files are all complete.
4. I "tar xzvf mypackage.ipk" and found files in data.tar.gz is
5. but when I use ipkg install to install mypackage.ipk
the installed destination directories will have have complete
6. "tar xzvf data.tar.gz -C /" will extract the complete files.
7. So the problem lay in "ipkg install".
8. Hopefully this is "100 characters length of path" problem
Rod was referring to.
PS, I forgot my account password in slug bug website and "send me