ipkg on nslu2 unable to unpack data.tar.gz correctly in a ipk.

  • tj_yang2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2005
      1. ipkg version
      -bash-2.05b$ ipkg -v
      ipkg version 0.99.130
      -bash-2.05b$
      2. on 1st nslu2, I built a ipk package and installed on 2nd nslu2
      and found there are some binaries/files are avaiable on 2nd nslu2.
      3. I traced from installed, ipk package directories and generated
      data.tar.gz in ipk the files are all complete.
      4. I "tar xzvf mypackage.ipk" and found files in data.tar.gz is
      complete also.
      5. but when I use ipkg install to install mypackage.ipk
      the installed destination directories will have have complete
      files.
      6. "tar xzvf data.tar.gz -C /" will extract the complete files.
      7. So the problem lay in "ipkg install".
      8. Hopefully this is "100 characters length of path" problem
      Rod was referring to.

      PS, I forgot my account password in slug bug website and "send me
      password"doesn't work.

      tj