samba / rsync / nfs

  • caldwelljt2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2005
      Hi everyone,

      I am working on a project wher I would like to use the NSLU2 to
      provide local access (For windows computers) to resources that are
      across a WAN connection... A few things I have thought about are the
      following, can any provide feedback on the best approach?

      I would like to do some of the following:

      1. Provide local access to files across the WAN (think
      syncronization, with file locks would be nice, but probably too
      difficult)
      2. Provide local authentication for NT/AD domain members if possible
      (not neccessary, but would be nice) - if not this, then some way to
      have single sign on (i could sync accounts with scripts, and let NTLM
      do the lifting, but that's not as standard as i would like it to be)

      I have thought of the following:
      1. Find a way to use Samba/DFS to sync and provide local access
      2. Use rsync to simply replicate files down at a regular interval
      3. looked at more complex sytems (coda, intermezzo, etc), but they
      look like too much work at the moment

      Any ideas?
      -JonC