Some stuff I noticed in tth v25 software

  • aballen_2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2004
      Ok, I got my unit reflashed, I laso noticed some thing I thought I
      would note.

      Are we sure they are ext3 partitions? I tried to mount them as ext3
      and it failed, but ext2... no problem. Also the lib libext2fs.so.0 in
      /lib makes me think ext2 as well

      /etc/passwd has some other interesting accounts, namely
      lp:x:4:7:lp:/share/spool:
      mail:x:8:12:mail:/var/spool/mail:
      ftp:x:14:50:FTP User:/:

      We already know it will mail reports, but with the external hard disks
      installed, it would make a great print queue....

      and the ftp account... well, is ftpd already in there somewhere? I
      noticed a binary in /bin/ftp, but its an ftp client... could be useful
      when loading on the ntp client or other binaries, (then just add it to
      crontab) anyone compile ftpd yet?