Re: Kernel patches to fix floating point issues @ NSLU2

  • dyoung8888
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2005
      There is a usable buildable 2.6.9; check out OpenSlug in the wiki
      www.nslu2-linux.org . It doesnt have compelete functionality for
      all the goodies like GPIO's yet; but its all there.

      Thanks Lennert for all your past and future help with the weird
      problems that seem unsolvable!

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Lennert Buytenhek <buytenh@w...>
      wrote:
      > On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 12:38:14AM -0000, r2004roellig wrote:
      >
      > > Maybe the fixes should be driven into the linux kernel tree too?
      >
      > The fixes are in 2.6 already, if you want to submit them for 2.4
      then
      > be my guest. Submit a patch to rmk's ARM patch tracker and refer
      > ARM bug id 2178/1, ie.
      >
      > http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?
      id=2178/1

      > My main interest for the NSLU2 at the moment is to get a 2.6
      kernel with
      > full functionality running on it ASAP.
      >

      > cheers,
      > Lennert
    • Lennert Buytenhek
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2005
        On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 09:32:44AM -0000, dyoung8888 wrote:

        > There is a usable buildable 2.6.9; check out OpenSlug in the wiki
        > www.nslu2-linux.org . It doesnt have compelete functionality for
        > all the goodies like GPIO's yet; but its all there.

        Ah, cool, wasn't aware of that. I'll have a look at it and try to
        fill in the missing bits as soon as I get home.

        BTW, the mnf/abs patch refered below didn't go into 2.6 until 2.6.10
        (IIRC), so you might want to add it to your build process if you use
        2.6.9.

        > Thanks Lennert for all your past and future help with the weird
        > problems that seem unsolvable!

        No problem!

        --L