Re: [nslu2-linux] Kernel patches to fix floating point issues @ NSLU2

  • Lennert Buytenhek
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2005
      On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 12:38:14AM -0000, r2004roellig wrote:

      > Maybe the fixes should be driven into the linux kernel tree too?

      The fixes are in 2.6 already, if you want to submit them for 2.4 then
      be my guest. Submit a patch to rmk's ARM patch tracker and refer to
      ARM bug id 2178/1, ie.

      http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=2178/1

      My main interest for the NSLU2 at the moment is to get a 2.6 kernel with
      full functionality running on it ASAP.

      cheers,
      Lennert
    • dyoung8888
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2005
        There is a usable buildable 2.6.9; check out OpenSlug in the wiki
        www.nslu2-linux.org . It doesnt have compelete functionality for
        all the goodies like GPIO's yet; but its all there.

        Thanks Lennert for all your past and future help with the weird
        problems that seem unsolvable!

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Lennert Buytenhek <buytenh@w...>
        wrote:
        > On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 12:38:14AM -0000, r2004roellig wrote:
        >
        > > Maybe the fixes should be driven into the linux kernel tree too?
        >
        > The fixes are in 2.6 already, if you want to submit them for 2.4
        then
        > be my guest. Submit a patch to rmk's ARM patch tracker and refer
        > ARM bug id 2178/1, ie.
        >
        > http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?
        id=2178/1

        > My main interest for the NSLU2 at the moment is to get a 2.6
        kernel with
        > full functionality running on it ASAP.
        >

        > cheers,
        > Lennert
      • Lennert Buytenhek
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2005
          On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 09:32:44AM -0000, dyoung8888 wrote:

          > There is a usable buildable 2.6.9; check out OpenSlug in the wiki
          > www.nslu2-linux.org . It doesnt have compelete functionality for
          > all the goodies like GPIO's yet; but its all there.

          Ah, cool, wasn't aware of that. I'll have a look at it and try to
          fill in the missing bits as soon as I get home.

          BTW, the mnf/abs patch refered below didn't go into 2.6 until 2.6.10
          (IIRC), so you might want to add it to your build process if you use
          2.6.9.

          > Thanks Lennert for all your past and future help with the weird
          > problems that seem unsolvable!

          No problem!

          --L