Re: USB serial roadblock

  • jaimesmith_42
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2005
      Looks nice.... But it doesn't mention support for my SmartHome
      PowerLinc X10 interface. Also, absolute minimum is 10MB of RAM and
      it needs PERL. No biggie for an old PC, but pushing it for an
      NSLU2. Actually, I'd envision my slug as a device conrolled by
      something similar to Mr. House. I want it to be very simple,
      reliable, and something that just sits there silently and never
      breaks, never crashes, and never needs to be upgraded or tinkered
      with.
      I'll put all the bells and whistles in the front end, probably to be
      written in Java or C#, and probably running on a hacked X-Box. And
      when the hard drive on that crashes two years from now, my outside
      lights will still work, I just won't be able to change the program
      until I rebuild the front-end.

      Jaime

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron Anderson" <anderson@w...>
      wrote:
      > You look at Mr. house?
      >
      > http://w3.misterhouse.com:81/
      >
      > Just an idea.

      I'll

      <tj_yang2001@y...>

      <list.yahoo@r...>
      Mass

      > > > usb/tts/0

      > program
      > is
      > > > output
      > is

      > [ Moderator Note: All static information is slowly moving to the
      Wiki at