Re: [nslu2-linux] Compiling Kernel

  • Tommy B
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
      Voight,

      OpenSlug currently uses a 2.6.9 based kernel, UnSlung runs a 2.4.22
      based kernel.
      The entire build process is handled via BitBake. If you've got a repo
      (repository) checked
      out in the directory your_path... visits:

      your_path.../openembedded/packages/linux/openslug-kernel_2.6.9.bb
      your_path.../openembedded/packages/linux/nslu2-linksys-kernel_2.4.22.bb

      Was there something special about 2.6.10 that you needed ?

      Other OpenSlugg'ers, please update the Yahoo DB if you are running
      OpenSlug. We're at 10 or 11 users
      and 20 is the magic number for the binary release.

      [g2]
      Tommy B.

      Voight wrote:

      >I would like to compile my own kernel for the NSLU2 for features not included
      >in (Open/Un)slug. I was wondering what changes (patches, ...) had to be made
      >to a 2.6.10 kernel to get all the normal drivers. Any help is appreciated.
      >
      >Thank You,
      >Forrest
      >

      >[ Moderator Note: All static information is slowly moving to the Wiki at http://www.nslu2-linux.org ]
      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Voight
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
        I am trying to manually build my own, because bitbake doesn't work for me.
        Every time I compile:

        $ bb
        **
        Handling .bb files: 41% Terminated
        $

        I just thought 2.6.10 would be better. I downloaded AnyU2 from the CVS
        repository and applyed the patches and fixed the rejects.

        Anyway, I'll look at the .bb file.