Compiling Kernel

  • Voight
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2004
      I would like to compile my own kernel for the NSLU2 for features not included
      in (Open/Un)slug. I was wondering what changes (patches, ...) had to be made
      to a 2.6.10 kernel to get all the normal drivers. Any help is appreciated.

      Thank You,
      Forrest
    • Tommy B
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
        Voight,

        OpenSlug currently uses a 2.6.9 based kernel, UnSlung runs a 2.4.22
        based kernel.
        The entire build process is handled via BitBake. If you've got a repo
        (repository) checked
        out in the directory your_path... visits:

        your_path.../openembedded/packages/linux/openslug-kernel_2.6.9.bb
        your_path.../openembedded/packages/linux/nslu2-linksys-kernel_2.4.22.bb

        Was there something special about 2.6.10 that you needed ?

        Other OpenSlugg'ers, please update the Yahoo DB if you are running
        OpenSlug. We're at 10 or 11 users
        and 20 is the magic number for the binary release.

        [g2]
        Tommy B.

        Voight wrote:

        >I would like to compile my own kernel for the NSLU2 for features not included
        >in (Open/Un)slug. I was wondering what changes (patches, ...) had to be made
        >to a 2.6.10 kernel to get all the normal drivers. Any help is appreciated.
        >
        >Thank You,
        >Forrest
        >

        >[ Moderator Note: All static information is slowly moving to the Wiki at http://www.nslu2-linux.org ]
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Voight
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
          I am trying to manually build my own, because bitbake doesn't work for me.
          Every time I compile:

          $ bb
          **
          Handling .bb files: 41% Terminated
          $

          I just thought 2.6.10 would be better. I downloaded AnyU2 from the CVS
          repository and applyed the patches and fixed the rejects.

          Anyway, I'll look at the .bb file.