installing unslug question

  • jeffthepcguy
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2004
      Yes this may be a stupid question but the unslung 3.16 file that I
      have downloaded came with the extension tar.gz . What am I to do
      with that? Shouldn't it be a .bin?
    • Voight
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2004
        First, I believe you downloaded the source not the firmware.
        Download the .zip file and use winzip or unzip (for linux)

        Second .tar.gz means it is compressed
        for windows: use winzip
        for linux: use "cat FILE | gunzip | tar -xf -