Re: [nslu2-linux] Solved!!!! Re: Really bad flash

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 30, 2004
      On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:59:23 -0000, romix12000
      <ronald.leenes@...> wrote:
      > The solution to the problem was even easier than you proposed. There is a
      > Win XP
      > upgrader utility (the SerComm Upgrade Utility)
      > here:http://www.sercomm.com/web/

      Oh, yeah - I forgot about that one (which is the windows equivalent of UpSlug).

      So that means your bad flash did the erase ok, but failed during
      programming (due to either the full flash, or having the disks plugged
      in during flash - probably the latter), and therefore it couldn't find
      the sercomm trailer in the last block on reboot, so redboot fell into
      failsafe upgrade mode.

      It's strange that you weren't able to telnet into redboot in that mode ...

      Good to hear that your slug has recovered. I bet you'll be following
      the README a bit more carefully from now on :-)

      Did you update the howto with your solution?