Re: [nslu2-linux] Killer apps for the NSLU2 (diff, perl, unison, ...)

  • Felipe Cavalcanti
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 5, 2004
      On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 12:01:19 -0800 (PST), Claudius <claudius2k@...> wrote:
      > I would like to see the standard backup utility in it
      > work with drives > 250G like the Maxtor 300G

      I would say that an FTP server would be really useful for the NSLU2.

      --
      *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨*¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨*
      Felipe (aka Cavalkaf) <cavalkaf@...>
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 5, 2004
        On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 19:35:45 -0500, Felipe Cavalcanti <cavalkaf@...> wrote:
        > I would say that an FTP server would be really useful for the NSLU2.

        Like this one?

        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SetupFtpd

        -- Rod
      • the_dude13820
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 6, 2004
          I hear you, I was thinking the same thing about diff and perl.

          I thought perl was do-able/done?

          If you get diff going DEFINITELY post it! I was even considering
          taking a crack at it but I've just been too busy to do much more than
          beg and leech...

          Unison sounds very cool too! Let us know how you make out, perhaps I
          won't have to go through the rigors of NSLU2-RAID...

          Greg
        • mjbright
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 8, 2004
            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "sisash" <sisash@y...> wrote:

            > I cross compiled caml for the nslu2 and then compiled up a binary
            > version of unison for the nslu2. I am not sure how well it works as
            > there seemed to be some problem when trying to keep file properties
            > in sync (ie dates and permissions). I also am not sure it works too
            > well when you are unisoning thousands of files... I think the nslu2
            > lacks enough horsepower fo this.
            >
            > I was trying to use the dropbear ssh server and client to unison two
            > nslu2's over the net then I had a hard disk crash and still have to
            > sort it out.
            >
            > If you would like to try it you can download the binary I compiled
            > from http://world.waena.edu/~simon/unison.gz . Let me know how it
            > goes.

            Thanks Simon - however, your server seems to be down.
            Any chance of you uploading it to the Files section on groups.yahoo.com?
            Thanks,
            Mike.
          • r2004roellig
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 11, 2004