Re: [nslu2-linux] Goodbye from a moderator

  • M.J. Johnson
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 9, 2013
      Returning to a more on-topic discussion, is the implication that this list will end without participation of the original moderator?  Can't we just change moderators?  I find this list to be a valuable resource, and would like to see it continue...

      Thanks.

      On Sunday, June 9, 2013, Drew Gibson wrote:

      but I'm not trying to hide.

      I just don't like all the insidious data gathering and the wildly inaccurate inferences made therefrom.

      regards,

      Drew

      Sent from my phone

      On 2013-06-09, at 4:34 AM, Harsh <harshbaste@...> wrote:

      Hi Drew,

      Is this you?

      I'd be a little careful of guarding my own privacy online before passing judgements to that effect about others on a public forum. For starters I'd remove my company email address from the subscription list.

      Might I recommend a Yahoo address - it at least wont trace you back to your workplace (and possibly your home) in Burlington, Ontario Canada.

      -H

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 9, 2013
        There are other moderators. The list goes on.

        This one thanks you for returning this conversation to a more pertinent
        line of discussion. :)

        -Mike (mwester)

        On 6/9/2013 10:25 AM, M.J. Johnson wrote:

        > Returning to a more on-topic discussion, is the implication that this
        > list will end without participation of the original moderator? Can't we
        > just change moderators? I find this list to be a valuable resource, and
        > would like to see it continue...
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > On Sunday, June 9, 2013, Drew Gibson wrote:
        >
        > __
        >
        > but I'm not trying to hide.
        >
        > I just don't like all the insidious data gathering and the wildly
        > inaccurate inferences made therefrom.
        >
        > regards,
        >
        > Drew
        >

        > Sent from my phone
        >
        > On 2013-06-09, at 4:34 AM, Harsh <harshbaste@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Hi Drew,
        >> Is this you?
        >> http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/drew-gibson/40/a65/907
        >> I'd be a little careful of guarding my own privacy online before
        >> passing judgements to that effect about others on a public forum.
        >> For starters I'd remove my company email address from the
        >> subscription list.
        >> Might I recommend a Yahoo address - it at least wont trace you
        >> back to your workplace (and possibly your home) in Burlington,
        >> Ontario Canada.
        >> -H
        >>> regards,
        >>> __
        >>> Drew

      • Gregg Levine
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 9, 2013
          On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Mike Westerhof (mwester)
          <mwester@...> wrote:
          > There are other moderators. The list goes on.
          >
          > This one thanks you for returning this conversation to a more pertinent
          > line of discussion. :)
          >
          > -Mike (mwester)
          >

          > On 6/9/2013 10:25 AM, M.J. Johnson wrote:
          >>

          >> Returning to a more on-topic discussion, is the implication that this
          >> list will end without participation of the original moderator? Can't we
          >> just change moderators? I find this list to be a valuable resource, and
          >> would like to see it continue...
          >>
          >> Thanks.
          [Much stuff snipped while listening to Schubert's Unfinished.]
          Hello!
          I quite agree Mike even though technically I'm only a participant
          running a frustrated Pogo Plug.

          -----
          Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@...
        • f5bqp_pfm
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 12, 2013
            This is "THE" good excuse to escape from this moderation thinking we're so stupid to trust you!

            Will see the truth, and I hope you'll close your Internet access, shut down your telephone line, through away your cell phone etc!...
            Good luck!

            pf

            --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Inge Arnesen <inge.arnesen@...> wrote:

            > Dear all,
            >
            > Due to http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/06/us-tech-giants-nsa-data I'm
            > terminating my Yahoo account and will no longer be able to moderate
            > nslu2-linux. Thanks for all the years together with the little NAS that
            > could!
            >
            > all the best,
            >
            > Bob_tm

          • Joaquim Baptista
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 18, 2013
              Greetings,

              Let me just say that I was amazed to find out that this particular list was moderated.

              Having moderated a list before, I tip my hat to all the moderators: you have been doing the best possible moderation work, which is "mostly invisible".

              Thanks to you all, you effort is very much appreciated.

              - Joaquim Baptista