Re: [nslu2-linux] Goodbye from a moderator

  • Drew Gibson
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 9, 2013
      but I'm not trying to hide.

      I just don't like all the insidious data gathering and the wildly inaccurate inferences made therefrom.

      regards,

      Drew

      Sent from my phone

      On 2013-06-09, at 4:34 AM, Harsh <harshbaste@...> wrote:

      Hi Drew,

      Is this you?

      I'd be a little careful of guarding my own privacy online before passing judgements to that effect about others on a public forum. For starters I'd remove my company email address from the subscription list.

      Might I recommend a Yahoo address - it at least wont trace you back to your workplace (and possibly your home) in Burlington, Ontario Canada.

      -H

[...]

      • Mike Westerhof (mwester)
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 9, 2013
          There are other moderators. The list goes on.

          This one thanks you for returning this conversation to a more pertinent
          line of discussion. :)

          -Mike (mwester)

          On 6/9/2013 10:25 AM, M.J. Johnson wrote:

          > Returning to a more on-topic discussion, is the implication that this
          > list will end without participation of the original moderator? Can't we
          > just change moderators? I find this list to be a valuable resource, and
          > would like to see it continue...
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > On Sunday, June 9, 2013, Drew Gibson wrote:
          >
          > __
          >
          > but I'm not trying to hide.
          >
          > I just don't like all the insidious data gathering and the wildly
          > inaccurate inferences made therefrom.
          >
          > regards,
          >
          > Drew
          >

          > Sent from my phone
          >
          > On 2013-06-09, at 4:34 AM, Harsh <harshbaste@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Hi Drew,
          >> Is this you?
          >> http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/drew-gibson/40/a65/907
          >> I'd be a little careful of guarding my own privacy online before
          >> passing judgements to that effect about others on a public forum.
          >> For starters I'd remove my company email address from the
          >> subscription list.
          >> Might I recommend a Yahoo address - it at least wont trace you
          >> back to your workplace (and possibly your home) in Burlington,
          >> Ontario Canada.
          >> -H
          >>> regards,
          >>> __
          >>> Drew

        • Gregg Levine
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 9, 2013
            On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Mike Westerhof (mwester)
            <mwester@...> wrote:
            > There are other moderators. The list goes on.
            >
            > This one thanks you for returning this conversation to a more pertinent
            > line of discussion. :)
            >
            > -Mike (mwester)
            >

            > On 6/9/2013 10:25 AM, M.J. Johnson wrote:
            >>

            >> Returning to a more on-topic discussion, is the implication that this
            >> list will end without participation of the original moderator? Can't we
            >> just change moderators? I find this list to be a valuable resource, and
            >> would like to see it continue...
            >>
            >> Thanks.
            [Much stuff snipped while listening to Schubert's Unfinished.]
            Hello!
            I quite agree Mike even though technically I'm only a participant
            running a frustrated Pogo Plug.

            -----
            Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@...
          • f5bqp_pfm
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 12, 2013
              This is "THE" good excuse to escape from this moderation thinking we're so stupid to trust you!

              Will see the truth, and I hope you'll close your Internet access, shut down your telephone line, through away your cell phone etc!...
              Good luck!

              pf

              --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Inge Arnesen <inge.arnesen@...> wrote:

              > Dear all,
              >
              > Due to http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/06/us-tech-giants-nsa-data I'm
              > terminating my Yahoo account and will no longer be able to moderate
              > nslu2-linux. Thanks for all the years together with the little NAS that
              > could!
              >
              > all the best,
              >
              > Bob_tm

            • Joaquim Baptista
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 18, 2013
                Greetings,

                Let me just say that I was amazed to find out that this particular list was moderated.

                Having moderated a list before, I tip my hat to all the moderators: you have been doing the best possible moderation work, which is "mostly invisible".

                Thanks to you all, you effort is very much appreciated.

                - Joaquim Baptista