problem with openslug + nslu2

  • Eric CS
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2013
      Hi all, I have a question about slugosBE 5.3 Beta and NSLU2. I installed the firmware with upslug2 successfully. I configured the network with "turnup init" then I installed the system to my external hard drive 400 gb with "turnup disk-i / dev/sda1" then I created a swapfile file. Everything fine until I try to use opkg or ipkg, when I use the command "opkg update" and "ipkg update" NSLU2 automatically restarts.
      I searched a lot on google but can not find solution. Someone could give me a solution to solve this? thanks
    • cercamon3
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 22, 2013
        Hi all, I have a question about slugosBE 5.3 Beta and NSLU2. I installed the firmware with upslug2 successfully. I configured the network with "turnup init" then I installed the system to my external hard drive 400 gb with "turnup disk-i / dev/sda1" then I created a swapfile file. Everything fine until I try to use opkg or ipkg, when I use the command "opkg update" and "ipkg update" NSLU2 automatically restarts.
        I searched a lot on google but can not find solution. Someone could give me a solution to solve this? thanks
      • tactmaster84
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 11, 2013
          Hello,

          I personally gave up with slugOS a while back, because opkg and ipkg seem to conflict a bit with each other and wasn't update very often.

          I moved to Debian using this guide
          http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/unpack.html
          It was pretty simple to install even with the installer not working.

          I am not a expert on the difference between slug and Debian and may have been have doing something wrong in slugOS myself.

          Hope this helps.