Re: Optware failed to install asterisk18 on ASUS RT-N16

  • A
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 18, 2013
      The error occurred during the installation of Asterisk18 on the router that were no other Asterisk packages installed.

      Abe

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Ovidiu Sas wrote:

      > This is not a bug. There are several asterisk packages:
      > - asterisk12 - asterisk 1.2.x
      > - asterisk14 - asterisk 1.4.x
      > - asterisk16 - asterisk 1.6.x
      > - asterisk18 - asterisk 1.8.x
      > - asterisk10 - asterisk 10.x
      >
      > Pick the one that you are familiar with it and install it. Do not
      > install two of them at the same time.
      > We should remove asterisk12, asterisk14 and asterisk16 as those are no
      > longer supported.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Ovidiu Sas
      >
      > On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM, A wrote:
      > >

      > > I want to report a bug and hopefully it will get resolved shortly.The problem was when I tried to install asterisk18 (1.8.19.1-1) package from Optware for my ASUS RT-N16 router with DD-WRT firmware v.24 -sp2 (14929 mega build), it failed. A message was displayed saying that the asterisk18 is conflicting with asterisk14. The package itself is located in http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ddwrt/cross/stable/asterisk_1.8.19.1-1_mipsel.ipk. Thanks.
      > >
      > > Abe

    • Ovidiu Sas
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 18, 2013
        Post what is installed:
        ipkg list_installed

        And try to install again and post the output:
        ipkg update
        ipkg upgrade
        ipkg install asterisk18

        Regards,
        Ovidiu Sas

        On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM, A <goody1240@...> wrote:

        > The error occurred during the installation of Asterisk18 on the router
        > that were no other Asterisk packages installed.
        >
        > Abe
        >
        > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Ovidiu Sas wrote:
        > >
        > > This is not a bug. There are several asterisk packages:
        > > - asterisk12 - asterisk 1.2.x
        > > - asterisk14 - asterisk 1.4.x
        > > - asterisk16 - asterisk 1.6.x
        > > - asterisk18 - asterisk 1.8.x
        > > - asterisk10 - asterisk 10.x
        > >
        > > Pick the one that you are familiar with it and install it. Do not
        > > install two of them at the same time.
        > > We should remove asterisk12, asterisk14 and asterisk16 as those are no
        > > longer supported.
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > > Ovidiu Sas
        > >
        > > On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM, A wrote:
        > > >

        > > > I want to report a bug and hopefully it will get resolved shortly.The
        > > > problem was when I tried to install asterisk18 (1.8.19.1-1) package from
        > > > Optware for my ASUS RT-N16 router with DD-WRT firmware v.24 -sp2 (14929 mega
        > > > build), it failed. A message was displayed saying that the asterisk18 is
        > > > conflicting with asterisk14. The package itself is located in
        > > > http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ddwrt/cross/stable/asterisk_1.8.19.1-1_mipsel.ipk.
        > > > Thanks.
        > > >
        > > > Abe
      • A
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 21, 2013
          Thank you for the suggestions. When I checked what had been loaded on the router, I was surprised to see asterisk14 was indeed in the list. It must be automatically loaded as a default package for asterisk when I installed Optware. Once removed it, I was able to install asterisk18 without any problems. Thanks for the help.

          Regards,