Re: [nslu2-linux] Optware failed to install asterisk18 on ASUS RT-N16

  • Ovidiu Sas
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2013
      This is not a bug. There are several asterisk packages:
      - asterisk12 - asterisk 1.2.x
      - asterisk14 - asterisk 1.4.x
      - asterisk16 - asterisk 1.6.x
      - asterisk18 - asterisk 1.8.x
      - asterisk10 - asterisk 10.x

      Pick the one that you are familiar with it and install it. Do not
      install two of them at the same time.
      We should remove asterisk12, asterisk14 and asterisk16 as those are no
      longer supported.

      Regards,
      Ovidiu Sas

      On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM, A <goody1240@...> wrote:

      > I want to report a bug and hopefully it will get resolved shortly.The problem was when I tried to install asterisk18 (1.8.19.1-1) package from Optware for my ASUS RT-N16 router with DD-WRT firmware v.24 -sp2 (14929 mega build), it failed. A message was displayed saying that the asterisk18 is conflicting with asterisk14. The package itself is located in http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ddwrt/cross/stable/asterisk_1.8.19.1-1_mipsel.ipk. Thanks.
      >
      > Abe
    • A
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 18, 2013
        The error occurred during the installation of Asterisk18 on the router that were no other Asterisk packages installed.

        Abe

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Ovidiu Sas wrote:

        > This is not a bug. There are several asterisk packages:
        > - asterisk12 - asterisk 1.2.x
        > - asterisk14 - asterisk 1.4.x
        > - asterisk16 - asterisk 1.6.x
        > - asterisk18 - asterisk 1.8.x
        > - asterisk10 - asterisk 10.x
        >
        > Pick the one that you are familiar with it and install it. Do not
        > install two of them at the same time.
        > We should remove asterisk12, asterisk14 and asterisk16 as those are no
        > longer supported.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Ovidiu Sas
        >
        > On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM, A wrote:
        > >

        > > I want to report a bug and hopefully it will get resolved shortly.The problem was when I tried to install asterisk18 (1.8.19.1-1) package from Optware for my ASUS RT-N16 router with DD-WRT firmware v.24 -sp2 (14929 mega build), it failed. A message was displayed saying that the asterisk18 is conflicting with asterisk14. The package itself is located in http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ddwrt/cross/stable/asterisk_1.8.19.1-1_mipsel.ipk. Thanks.
        > >
        > > Abe

      • Ovidiu Sas
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 18, 2013
          Post what is installed:
          ipkg list_installed

          And try to install again and post the output:
          ipkg update
          ipkg upgrade
          ipkg install asterisk18

          Regards,
          Ovidiu Sas

          On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM, A <goody1240@...> wrote:

          > The error occurred during the installation of Asterisk18 on the router
          > that were no other Asterisk packages installed.
          >
          > Abe
          >
          > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Ovidiu Sas wrote:
          > >
          > > This is not a bug. There are several asterisk packages:
          > > - asterisk12 - asterisk 1.2.x
          > > - asterisk14 - asterisk 1.4.x
          > > - asterisk16 - asterisk 1.6.x
          > > - asterisk18 - asterisk 1.8.x
          > > - asterisk10 - asterisk 10.x
          > >
          > > Pick the one that you are familiar with it and install it. Do not
          > > install two of them at the same time.
          > > We should remove asterisk12, asterisk14 and asterisk16 as those are no
          > > longer supported.
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > Ovidiu Sas
          > >
          > > On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM, A wrote:
          > > >

          > > > I want to report a bug and hopefully it will get resolved shortly.The
          > > > problem was when I tried to install asterisk18 (1.8.19.1-1) package from
          > > > Optware for my ASUS RT-N16 router with DD-WRT firmware v.24 -sp2 (14929 mega
          > > > build), it failed. A message was displayed saying that the asterisk18 is
          > > > conflicting with asterisk14. The package itself is located in
          > > > http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ddwrt/cross/stable/asterisk_1.8.19.1-1_mipsel.ipk.
          > > > Thanks.
          > > >
          > > > Abe
        • A
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 21, 2013
            Thank you for the suggestions. When I checked what had been loaded on the router, I was surprised to see asterisk14 was indeed in the list. It must be automatically loaded as a default package for asterisk when I installed Optware. Once removed it, I was able to install asterisk18 without any problems. Thanks for the help.

            Regards,