Re: Unable to access slug after installing SlugOS

  • underscoretom
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2012
      I couldn't ping it, no.

      As it turned out from googling I found a note that even if you use a static IP, it should be in the DHCP range. Once I did that, I was able to access things as expected.

      Thanks.

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Mcgillan <patrick.mcgillan@...> wrote:

      > Can you ping it? Standard dos ping program should get answers which
      > verifies not only that is alive, but you have the correct address. SSH is
      > the only way as it doesn't have a telnet program. Go download Putty.exe,
      > its free and works good.
      >
      > I just upgraded mine to Slug OS BE 3.15. Works great! By the way, there is
      > no web server loaded. I installed lighttpd.
      >
      > Patrick
      >

      > On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 11:33 AM, underscoretom <underscore05@...>wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > I recently purchased a used NSLU2 with the intent of putting wview on it
      > > for weather station support.
      > >
      > > Upon installing the latest SlugOS per instructions, I cannot access the
      > > slug in any way (telnet or via the web interface, nor any ping) once the
      > > installation is complete and it reboots. Reading around suggested I should
      > > install unslung OS first and confirm the IP address is set to what I expect
      > > it to be. Installing unslung works fine. I can install (including SSH) and
      > > configure as its instructions suggest. But then when installing SlugOS
      > > again, same response. I am not able to telnet or use the web interface
      > > (*.77 default).
      > >
      > > Suggestions?

    • Greg
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2012
        THIS is or react Internet Link, for SlugOS.
        Earlier link had a typo.

        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/SlugOS/InstallandTurnupABasicSlugOSSystem