CPAN fix for perl for optware

  • markduncan72
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2012
      I have optware on my router with 32mb and I got perl but the module I wanted wasn't available via ipkg so I went to use CPAN to find it wouldn't work...
      Even if I did configure it correctly (i'm 99% sure i did since i had expert help) it would have taken days to do anything as using swap made it slooooooow) I started off with this site http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/ConfigureCPAN and that didn't cut it.

      I moved over to using cpanm - https://github.com/miyagawa/cpanminus
      but that gave an error so i did this

      https://github.com/shadowcat-mst/cpanminus/commit/9eba7dd0af9e63a4cadde8b0f5483a43a5e63deb **** credit goes to wtf911(myself) and mst*****

      With that cpanm works good and you just need the proper ipkgs prior to using it...

      i can't say what if all of these you need:

      binutils
      expat
      glib
      grep
      gzip
      less
      libc6-unslung
      libdb
      libgcc
      libxml2
      lynx
      man
      ncftp
      ncursesw
      openssh
      openssl-dev
      readline
      sqlite
      tz
      unslung-devel
      unslung-feeds
      update-modules
      which
      zlib

      but on top of those you want:

      tar
      wget
      make
      inetutils
      xz-utils

      at that point you want to have this file: https://raw.github.com/miyagawa/cpanminus/master/cpanm

      downloaded somewhere accesible

      to use it: perl cpanm [option] [module]

      and there you have simpler, faster, and working cpan and installing modules for perl on optware!

      again credit to wtf911 and mst :D

      i advise changing this page:http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/ConfigureCPAN