Re: [nslu2-linux] unslung and UTF-8 character encoding

  • vasanag
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 17 11:15 AM
      Γεια σου Irakli,

      I had similar problems in the past with the Greek filenames.  I solved them by adding the following lines to the user_smb.conf file.

      /etc/samba/user_smb.conf

            unix charset = UTF8
            dos charset = UTF8
            display charset = UTF8

      hth

      vassilis

      On 17/04/2012 02:51 μμ, Iraklis wrote:

      I am trying to use svn and handle Greek characters within files and folders. The only way to do it i must install utf-8 locale to my unslung V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta. "locale" is missing and I am really stuck here. any Ideas ???

      Regards
      Iraklis

    • Iraklis
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 17 11:28 AM
        Hi Vassili,
        thanks for your tip.But I am not talking about samba. I am trying to synch my source codes from my office to my unslung machine at home.

        unslung svn <---- > office sources svn.

        Only the "default" english characters are shown and the svn proccess hangs with the greek file names.

        Thanks anyway.

        --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Iraklis" <iraklis031@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to use svn and handle Greek characters within files and folders. The only way to do it i must install utf-8 locale to my unslung V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta. "locale" is missing and I am really stuck here. any Ideas ???
        >
        > Regards
        > Iraklis

      • Steven
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 19 5:38 AM
          I would really also like this.

          I guess we need someone to compile the module

          kernel-module-nls-utf

          for unslung 2.4.22.l2.3r63-r21

          for us to able to read greek characters from cli.

          Thanks
        • Steven
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 27 9:54 AM
            Made a cross compile machine and built it myself

            http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60363804/nls_utf8.o

            copy to lib\modules\2.4.22-xfs\kernel\fs\nls

            and insmod nls_utf8

            Setup Putty or whatever you use to UTF-8 and select a font with greek
            characters.