unslung and UTF-8 character encoding

  • Iraklis
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 17, 2012
      I am trying to use svn and handle Greek characters within files and folders. The only way to do it i must install utf-8 locale to my unslung V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta. "locale" is missing and I am really stuck here. any Ideas ???

      Regards
      Iraklis
    • vasanag
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 17, 2012
        Γεια σου Irakli,

        I had similar problems in the past with the Greek filenames.  I solved them by adding the following lines to the user_smb.conf file.

        /etc/samba/user_smb.conf

              unix charset = UTF8
              dos charset = UTF8
              display charset = UTF8

        hth

        vassilis

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 17, 2012
          Hi Vassili,
          thanks for your tip.But I am not talking about samba. I am trying to synch my source codes from my office to my unslung machine at home.

          unslung svn <---- > office sources svn.

          Only the "default" english characters are shown and the svn proccess hangs with the greek file names.

          Thanks anyway.

          --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Iraklis" <iraklis031@...> wrote:

          > I am trying to use svn and handle Greek characters within files and folders. The only way to do it i must install utf-8 locale to my unslung V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta. "locale" is missing and I am really stuck here. any Ideas ???
          >
          > Regards
          > Iraklis

        • Steven
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 19, 2012
            I would really also like this.

            I guess we need someone to compile the module

            kernel-module-nls-utf

            for unslung 2.4.22.l2.3r63-r21

            for us to able to read greek characters from cli.

            Thanks
          • Steven
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 27, 2012
              Made a cross compile machine and built it myself

              http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60363804/nls_utf8.o

              copy to lib\modules\2.4.22-xfs\kernel\fs\nls

              and insmod nls_utf8

              Setup Putty or whatever you use to UTF-8 and select a font with greek
              characters.