Re: [nslu2-linux] Clone my usb disk on the slug ?

  • Emil Granström
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 6 12:06 PM
      Thanks, I will look into dd.
      Brg
       Emil

      On 2012-04-06 16:02, Thomas Cooper wrote:

      The dd command is your friend...

      dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb

      will copy the entire contents, block by block from sda to sdb.

      You need to identify your source and destination devices.

      These clues should get you going...

      On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 2:02 AM, Emil Granström <emilg@...> wrote:

      Hello !

      Is there anyway to clone my usb disk to another usb disc only using the
      slug ?
      All guides I have seen involves a standalone Linux box.

      I suspect my USB drive 4+ year old is about to crash so I want to
      "install" my system onto a new one.
      I am running Unslung 6.10-beta

      Brg
      Emil